Fantastic Activities To Commemorate Memorial Day
Memorial Day is more than just barbecues, beach days, and summer sales. It's a time to remember and honor the courageous men and women who paid the ultimate sacrifice in the service of our country. Here are a few family-friendly activities you can do to commemorate Memorial Day.
1. Send a Care Package - If there's a veteran in your life, now is a great time to put together a box of their favorites, fun posters or magazines, or hygiene products and send it to them. If not, organizations like SupportOurTroups.org make it easy to put together a box and send to service members.
2. Shop at a Veteran-Owned Business - Visiting a veteran-owned business is a great way to show support on Memorial Day. Check out this directory of businesses owned by veterans.
3. Visit a Cemetery - Pay tribute directly by visiting a nearby cemetery.
4. Pay Tribute on Social Media - Post a thoughtful message or quote about what memorial day means to you.
* Specific loan program availability and requirements may vary. Please get in touch with the mortgage advisor for more information.